GCSE (9-1) English Language
Co-teachability across GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature with supporting co-teachability resource.
Our 'long tariff' questions are worth 10 marks, making time management more straightforward.
Students are given a range of choices for creative prose writing.
Our non-fiction writing tasks have realistic contexts that students can relate to.
Click here for the latest news for GCSE English Language
Connect with teachers via our online networking map
The aim is to create an interactive map to support centres wishing to share experiences and ideas online and face-to-face. Sign up here
Step-by-step guide to switching to Eduqas
Compare and contrast the Eduqas specifications with the other major examination boards and find out why Eduqas is the right choice for your students.
Online Exam Review
Marked exemplar from the November 2017 examinations can now be downloaded from our Online Exam Review website.
Key Dates 2017-18
View our key dates for English Language
Inside English Blog
The Inside English Blog will give subject-specific information as well as sharing teaching ideas, details of resources and ways to use them, and reflections from members of our English team.
Our GCSE (9-1) English Language specification has been accredited by Ofqual. The specification is available to teach in schools and colleges in England from September 2015.
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
- Hodder Student Book
- Hodder Teacher Book
- English Language Student eTextbook
- Hodder GCSE English Dynamic Learning Package
- Hodder English Language Whiteboard eTextbook
- Hodder English Language Teaching & Learning Resources
- OUP English Language Student Book 1
- OUP English Language Student Book 2
- OUP Teacher Companion
- Co-teachability support
- GCSE English Language Teacher Handbook
- Teacher ShareSpace
- Inside English Blog
- Exemplar Materials
- Online Exam Review
- 19th and 21st Century Non-Fiction Texts
- 20th Century Reading Resources
- Component 2 Support Materials
- NATE 2017 – Maggie Gee
- NATE 2016 – Tessa Hadley
- NATE 2015 – Jonathan Edwards and Paul Henry
- NATE 2014 – Owen Sheers and Dannie Abse
- Additional resources
- Text Tools Resource
- Literacy Games (KS3 Transition)
- Animal Testing (KS3 Transition)
- The Invisible Man (KS3 Transition)
- Sentence construction (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to Evaluation (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to Structure and Characterisation in Short Stories
- Homophones (KS3 transition)
- Year 9 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Year 8 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Year 7 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to story openings (KS3 Transition)
- GCSE English Language in One Year
- GCSE English Language Component 1 Writing: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language and English Literature: Suggested course plans
- GCSE English Language Component 1 Reading: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language Component 2 Reading: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language Component 2 Writing: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language: Key examination command words
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
WJEC Eduqas sponsors the 2018 NATE Conference
22 -24 June | Birmingham
We are pleased to be sponsoring the National Association for the Teaching ...
Switching to us in 3 easy steps
As a teacher delivering Ofqual reformed GCSE (9-1), AS and A level qualifications, have you considered ...
Inside English, our English blog
We are pleased to announce the launch of Inside English, our Eduqas English blog covering all qualification...
Spoken Language Materials
Visit our All course materials page to view our Spoken language Materials.