- - Centre Reviews and Appeals
- Support for Teachers / Assessment Materials
- Training – grading with confidence
- GCSE, AS and A levels
- Vocational Qualifications
- FAQs: Summer 2021
- Student Guide to summer 2021
- Latest Updates
- Summer 2021: Changes to assessments
- FREE Teaching and Learning Tools and Resources
- Expert-led professional learning
- Easy access to experts
WJEC Eduqas will not be charging a fee for appeals in summer 2021.
The information below relates to our Eduqas GCSE, AS and A Level qualifications together with Level 1/2 Vocational Awards, Level 3 Applied Certificates and Diplomas, Entry Level Certificates, Extended Project, Level 2 Additional Mathematics and Level 1/2 Latin. Information regarding our WJEC GCSE, AS and A Level qualifications, Skills Challenge Certificate and Wales only Health and Social Care, and Childcare qualifications is available on our WJEC website.
Everyone is working hard to make sure learners get a valid grade this summer. However, once a learner receives their results, if they believe an error has been made in determining their grade, they have a right to:
- Stage 1 (Centre Review, conducted by Centre) – ask their school or college to undertake a centre review if they consider an administrative or procedural error has been made. Schools and colleges have set their own deadline for submitting a centre review.
- Stage 2 (Appeal to Awarding Organisation, conducted by the Awarding Organisation) - ask their school or college to submit their appeal to us, if they believe an error persists after the Centre Review has been completed. Schools and colleges must submit the learner’s appeal. Stage 2 priority appeals should be submitted to us by 23 August 2021. A priority appeal is available to A Level and other Level 3 qualification students applying to higher education institutions who did not attain their firm choice i.e. their first choice offer. The deadline for submitting all stage 2 appeals to us is 17 September 2021. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted’
- Stage 3 – ask the regulator to consider whether we have followed our procedures in conducting the Stage 2 appeal.
- JCQ A guide to appeals processes, Summer 2021 series
- Appeal request form – JCQ Appendix Guidance Summer 2021 Appendix B
- JCQ Student Guide
- Ofqual Student Guide to awarding
- Ofqual Exams Procedures Review Service student information