AS/A level Spanish
Interested in switching to Eduqas? Find out why Eduqas could be the right board for you.
Why switch to Eduqas for A level Spanish?
Compare and contrast our A level Specification with the other major examination boards and find out why Eduqas is the best choice for your student
Latest news for AS/A Spanish
A level Components 1 and 3 Exemplar
The materials used in the 2018 CPD events are available to view on the secure website. This includes the Powerpoint presentation and the marked exemplar and guidance documents.
Connect with teachers via our online networking map
The aim is to create an interactive map to support centres wishing to share experiences and ideas online and face-to-face. Sign up here
Component 1 Speaking NEA
We are pleased to advise that from 2019 candidates be able to view the two discussion cards selected by the visiting examiner before making their choice for the assessment.
In addition, candidates choosing to re-sit the A level will be able to carry forward the marks awarded for Component 1 – NEA. For those wishing to re-sit this component it will be possible to use the same IRP topic providing that the original title is changed.
Guidance for teachers preparing candidates for the Independent Research Project is now available.
The recordings to accompany the SAMs are available on the secure website. Please search under 'Resources' and 'subject specific support materials including CPD', then select the language and qualification you require from the filters on the next page.
Training Courses for Teachers
Our 2019 / 2020 CPD programme is now live.
Book your place on one of our teacher training courses to learn more about the specification and sample assessment materials including assessment objectives, examination structure and other key areas.
Courses are available all over the UK as well as online.Book now
- AS Guidance for Teaching
- A level Guidance for Teaching
- Online Exam Review
- Regional culture and heritage in Spain, Spanish-speaking countries and communities
- Media, art, film and music in the Spanish speaking world
- Spanish Language Tools
- Educational and employment opportunities
- Family structures, traditional and modern values, friendship/relationships
- Youth trends, issues and personal identity
- Film and Literary study - Ambience
- Film and Literary study - Character
- Film and Literary Study - Context
- Film and Literary Study - Structure
- Film and Literary Study - Style
- Film and Literary Study - Themes
- Theme 3 - Cultural enrichment and celebrating difference
- Theme 3 - Discrimination and diversity
- Theme 3 - Cultural identity and marginalisation
- Theme 3 - Migration and integration
- Theme 4 - Coming to terms with the past
- Theme 4 - Post-Civil War Spain - historical and political repercussions
- Theme 4 - El Franquismo
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Top 5 reasons why you should get to know your Regional Representative this term
Catherine Oldham, Eduqas Regional Representative, explains why you should book a free visit to your school ...
Switching to us in 3 easy steps
As a teacher delivering Ofqual reformed GCSE (9-1), AS and A level qualifications, have you considered ...