GCSE (9-1) English Language
Co-teachability across GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature with supporting co-teachability resource
Interested in switching to Eduqas? Find out why Eduqas could be the right board for you.
Latest news for GCSE English Language
NATE Conference 2017
Key Dates 2016-17
View our key dates for English Language
True Crime A resource, centred on the topic of crime and punishment, designed to guide pupils through the process of preparing for the Non-Lit English paper.
GCSE (9-1) Grading
From 2017, reformed GCSEs in England will be graded 9 to 1, find out more about the GCSE 9-1 grading scale
Our GCSE (9-1) English Language specification has been accredited by Ofqual. The specification is available to teach in schools and colleges in England from September 2015.
Training Courses for Teachers
Book your place on one of our teacher training to learn more about the specification and sample assessment materials including assessment objectives, examination structure and other key areas.
Courses are available all over the UK as well as online.Book now
- Co-teachability support
- GCSE English Language Teacher Handbook
- Teacher ShareSpace
- Exemplar Materials
- 19th and 21st Century Non-Fiction Texts
- 20th Century Reading Resources
- Component 2 Support Materials
- Video: NATE Conference 2017
- Video: NATE Conference 2016
- Video: NATE Conference 2015
- Online Exam Review
- Ofqual - Awarding for 2017
- Ofqual Grade Descriptors for GCSE 9-1 English Language
- Additional resources
- Text Tools Resource
- Creative Writing: Horror (KS3 Transition)
- Literacy Games (KS3 Transition)
- Animal Testing (KS3 Transition)
- The Invisible Man (KS3 Transition)
- Sentence construction (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to Evaluation (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to Structure and Characterisation in Short Stories
- Homophones (KS3 transition)
- Year 9 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Year 8 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Year 7 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to story openings (KS3 Transition)
- GCSE English Language in One Year
- GCSE English Language Component 1 Writing: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language and English Literature: Suggested course plans
- GCSE English Language Component 1 Reading: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language Component 2 Reading: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language Component 2 Writing: Approaches and ideas
- GCSE English Language: Key examination command words
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
WJEC Eduqas to sponsor the 2017 NATE Conference
23 -24 June | Nottingham
We are pleased to be sponsoring the National Association for the Teaching ...
New GCSE English co-teachability resource
Hot off the press: A free 18-page booklet to assist teachers in the delivery of our GCSE English Language ...
English Examiners: There's no better time – just go for it
Cara Salway, one of our examiners for GCSE English describes her experience of examining with us, and ...
We are pleased to be sponsoring and attending the NATE Conference once again this year. Join us on the 23rd and 24th of June in Nottingham.