GCSE (9-1) English Language
Co-teachability across GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature with supporting co-teachability resource
Interested in switching to Eduqas? Find out why Eduqas could be the right board for you.
GCSE (9-1) Grading
From 2017, reformed GCSEs in England will be graded 9 to 1, find out more about the GCSE 9-1 grading scale
Key Dates 2016-17
View our key dates for English Language
Our GCSE (9-1) English Language specification has been accredited by Ofqual. The specification is available to teach in schools and colleges in England from September 2015.
GCSE (9-1) English Language Training Courses for Teachers
Our 2016/2017 CPD series is coming to an end. We will shortly be releasing information on our 2017/2018 CPD which will include face-to-face and online training courses to support both our general and vocational qualifications.
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
- OUP English Language Student Book 1
- OUP English Language Student Book 2
- OUP Teacher Companion
- Hodder Student Book
- Hodder Textbooks
Here is a list of non-endorsed materials which you may also find beneficial.
- Co-teachability support
- GCSE English Language Teacher Handbook
- Teacher ShareSpace
- Exemplar Materials
- 19th and 21st Century Non-Fiction Texts
- 20th Century Reading Resources
- Component 2 Support Materials
- Video: NATE Conference 2016
- Video: NATE Conference 2015
- Additional resources
- Text Tools Resource
- Ofqual - Awarding for 2017
- Creative Writing: Horror (KS3 Transition)
- Literacy Games (KS3 Transition)
- Animal Testing (KS3 Transition)
- The Invisible Man (KS3 Transition)
- Sentence construction (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to Evaluation (KS3 Transition)
- Ofqual Grade Descriptors for GCSE 9-1 English Language
- Approaches to Structure and Characterisation in Short Stories
- True Crime
- Homophones (KS3 transition)
- Year 9 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Year 8 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Year 7 English language assessment sheets and marking schemes (KS3 Transition)
- Approaches to story openings (KS3 Transition)
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
WJEC Eduqas to sponsor the 2017 NATE Conference
23 -24 June | Nottingham
We are pleased to be sponsoring the National Association for the Teaching ...
New GCSE English co-teachability resource
Hot off the press: A free 18-page booklet to assist teachers in the delivery of our GCSE English Language ...
English Examiners: There's no better time – just go for it
Cara Salway, one of our examiners for GCSE English describes her experience of examining with us, and ...
We are pleased to be sponsoring and attending the NATE Conference once again this year. Join us on the 23rd and 24th of June in Nottingham.