GCSE (9-1) History
Why choose WJEC Eduqas GCSE (9-1) History?
A wide choice of interesting and appealing options
Accessibility to all students
A course which provides a broad and rich historical grounding
Direct access to subject specialists
GCSE (9-1) Grading
From 2017, reformed GCSEs in England will be graded 9 to 1, find out more about the GCSE 9-1 grading scale
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
- Guidance for teaching
- Entertainment and Leisure in Britain, c.500 to present day
- Empire, Reform and War: Britain, 1890-1918
- The Crusades, c.1095-1149
- The Development of Germany, 1919 - 1991
- Austerity, Affluence and Discontent
- The Battle of Britain
- The Wall Street Crash
- Invasion of the Ruhr and Hyperinflation
- The Munich Putsch
- The end of the war and the Treaty of Versailles
- Education in Nazi Germany
- Women in Nazi Germany
- Hitler Youth
- The Olympic Games
- Night of the Long Knives
- Political and Social Challenges in America
- Sporting Heroes
- Cabaret: An interpretation of the power and influence of Nazi ideas
- An Introduction to Changes in Crime and Punishment in Britain
- The Development of the UK, 1919-1990
- Changes in Crime and Punishment in Britain c500 to the present day
- Introduction to Changes in Health and Medicine in Britain, c.500 to the Present Day
- Conflict and Upheaval: England 1337 – 1381
- The Voyages of Discovery and Conquest of the Americas, 1492 – 1522
- Ofqual Grade Descriptors for GCSE 9-1 History
- Sports, Leisure and Tourism
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Introducing the new GCSE 9 to 1 grading
From 2017, reformed GCSEs in England will be graded 9 to 1, and will ultimately replace the current A*...
WJEC Eduqas attending Historical Association GCSE event
10 June | London
We are delighted to be attending The Historical Association's CPD training ...
Eduqas to exhibit at the Historical Association Annual Conference
Harrogate | 20-21 May
We are delighted to be attending the forthcoming Historical Association ...
Current WJEC Specification
WJEC continues to provide support and training to all UK schools and colleges teaching our WJEC GCSE History specification. This qualification continues to run in England until its final assessment, by which time the WJEC Eduqas qualification will already be available to schools and colleges.