GCSE (9-1) History
Interested in switching to Eduqas? Find out why Eduqas could be the right board for you.
GCSE (9-1) Grading
From 2017, reformed GCSEs in England will be graded 9 to 1, find out more about the GCSE 9-1 grading scale
GCSE (9-1) History Training Courses for Teachers
Our 2016/2017 CPD series is coming to an end. We will shortly be releasing information on our 2017/2018 CPD which will include face-to-face and online training courses to support both our general and vocational qualifications.
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
- Guidance for teaching
- Teacher ShareSpace – Additional Resources
- Changes in Crime and Punishment in Britain
- Entertainment and Leisure in Britain, c.500 to present day
- Empire, Reform and War: Britain, 1890-1918
- The Crusades, c.1095-1149
- The Development of Germany, 1919 - 1991
- Austerity, Affluence and Discontent
- The Battle of Britain
- The Wall Street Crash
- Invasion of the Ruhr and Hyperinflation
- The Munich Putsch
- The end of the war and the Treaty of Versailles
- Education in Nazi Germany
- Women in Nazi Germany
- Hitler Youth
- The Olympic Games
- Night of the Long Knives
- Political and Social Challenges in America
- Sporting Heroes
- Cabaret: An interpretation of the power and influence of Nazi ideas
- An Introduction to Changes in Crime and Punishment in Britain
- The Development of the UK, 1919-1990
- Introduction to Changes in Health and Medicine in Britain, c.500 to the Present Day
- Conflict and Upheaval: England 1337 – 1381
- The Voyages of Discovery and Conquest of the Americas, 1492 – 1522
- Ofqual Grade Descriptors for GCSE 9-1 History
- Sports, Leisure and Tourism
- The Development of warfare in Britain, c.500 to the present day
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
New digital resources
New digital resources to support our GCSE History now availableWe have added a number of resources to ...
Switching to us is easy
As a teacher delivering Ofqual reformed GCSE (9-1), AS and A level qualifications, have you ...
Introducing the new GCSE 9 to 1 grading
From 2017, reformed GCSEs in England will be graded 9 to 1, and will ultimately replace the current A*...