AS/A level Psychology
Focus on skills development – our specification has been designed to help students to develop both core and essential transferable skills.
Discover a transparent examining process – our mark schemes are clearly structured, making it easier for students to understand what is required of them.
Share new ideas and resources through our thriving Facebook Psychology teacher support network.
Click here for the latest news for GCE Psychology
Specification Comparison Grids
Take a look at our specification comparison grids to find out how are specification compares to others:
New Psychology Booklet
Throughout this booklet, we demonstrate how our free support and resources will help achieve mastery of the key skills which lie at the heart of being capable and confident psychology students.
As an extension of our Online Exam Review resource, we have launched a new digital resource to assist teachers in assessing mock examination scripts.
Find out more about this innovative resource here.
Training Courses for Teachers
Book your place on one of our teacher training to learn more about the specification and sample assessment materials including assessment objectives, examination structure and other key areas.
Courses are available all over the UK as well as online.Book now
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
- PSYCH'D Magazine: Issue 2
- PSYCH'D Magazine: Issue 1
- Psychology Review Feature
- Psychology A level & AS Student Book 1
- Psychology A level Student Book 2
Here is a list of non-endorsed materials which you may also find beneficial.
- Crown House: WJEC Psychology AS
- Debates in Psychology
- Mindset: How You Can Fulfill Your Potential
- Positive Psychology In A Nutshell: The Science Of Happiness
- Flourish: A New Understanding of Happiness and Well-Being and How to Achieve Them
- Theoretical Approaches in Psychology (Routledge Modular Psychology)
- The Research Methods Companion for A level Psychology Second Edition
- Eduqas Digital Resources website: Psychology
- AS Psychology Teacher Handbook
- A level Psychology Teacher Handbook
- ShareSpace for Comp 1: Past to Present
- ShareSpace for Comp 2: Investigating Behaviour
- ShareSpace for Comp 3: Implications in the Real World
- Empirical evidence for the study of behaviours
- Implications in the real world - Scenarios
- Legacy Psychology Resource
- Journal Summaries
- Original Research Studies
- CPD Documentation
- Teacher Guidance Notes
- Schemes of Work
- Psychology Scenarios
- Understanding assessment objectives
- Psych'd Magazine
- Applying Research Methods Terminology
- What Makes A Good Essay?
- Understanding Research Methods Terminology
- Match the question to the assessment objective
- Mark Like an Examiner
- Online Exam Review
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.