AS/A Level Art and Design
More and more teachers are choosing Eduqas – find out why!
Interested in switching? Download our free Guide to switching for everything you need to know.
Choose Eduqas and you’ll benefit from:
- Friendly and straightforward advice and administrative support.
- Our AS specification comprises only one coursework component.
- Our A level specification includes one coursework component and an Externally Set Assignment.
- The AS and A level specifications provide opportunities for flexible teaching approaches, allowing
teachers to make the most of the resources and expertise available at their centres and enable a
number of delivery options
Need further information?
You can also find out more about our package of support including free teaching and learning resources, direct access to subject-specialists, expert-led CPD, and regional support team on our 'Switch to Us’ pages.
The Eduqas Art and Design A Level has been designed to provide engaging and innovative creative learning experiences, where art, craft and design practice is meaningfully integrated with theoretical knowledge and understanding.
In this A Level Art and Design course, learners are given opportunities to develop a broad foundation of critical, practical and theoretical skills. Overall, the course fosters a holistic understanding of a range of practices and contexts across visual arts, crafts and design fields, culminating in greater specialism and achievement.
We provide a range of digital resources for both learners and educators, including A Level Art and Design past papers, downloadable guides and training events. Simply click across to the relevant field in the menu above.
- Our specification comprises only one component at AS and two at A Level; and the A Level Externally Set Assignment paper offers an open choice of appealing visual assignments or written briefs which are suitable for any art, craft or design discipline.
- We provide teachers with an extensive portfolio of marked exemplar work and a wealth of resources which are all freely available on the Eduqas website.
- We offer Critical and Contextual Studies as a title option.
- Educators can access our Art and Design Teacher Network on Facebook.
- We offer Lightbox: an online supportive tool and a comprehensive Guidance for Teaching resource, with helpful advice on teaching approaches, assessment administration, advocacy materials and FAQs.
Lightbox – online resources for teachers and students
Lightbox is an online resource for art, craft and design teachers and students designed to support the objectives of Eduqas art and design qualifications.
You can also unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials on our resources website here.