GCSE Art and Design
More and more teachers are choosing Eduqas – find out why!
Interested in switching? Download our free Guide to switching for everything you need to know.
Choose Eduqas and you’ll benefit from:
- Friendly and straightforward advice and support.
- Our specification includes one coursework component and an Externally Set Assignment; and
provides opportunities for flexible teaching approaches, allowing teachers to make the most of the
resources and expertise available at their centres.
- The Externally Set Assignment paper offers an open choice of appealing themes, visual assignments or written briefs which are suitable for any of the 100 or more disciplines associated with any of the 7 titles.
Need further information?
You can also find out more about our package of support including free teaching and learning resources, direct access to subject-specialists, expert-led CPD, and regional support team on our 'Switch to Us’ pages.
The Eduqas Art and Design GCSE is designed to provide engaging, challenging, coherent and meaningful learning experiences through a flexible structure that supports the sequential and incremental development of creative practice.
Our rewarding and immersive programme of study broadens experience, develops imagination and technical skills, fosters creativity and promotes personal and social development.
The focus of the GCSE Art and Design specification is to nurture an enthusiasm for Art, Craft and Design and, through a broad introductory foundation programme, to develop critical, practical and theoretical skills that enable students to gain a holistic understanding of a range of practices and contexts in the visual arts, crafts and design fields.
Advantages of the Eduqas GCSE Art and Design course include:
• Opportunities for flexible teaching approaches, allowing teachers to make the most of the resources and expertise available at their centres.
• Content which enables teachers to continue with best practice and confidently plan and deliver programmes that work to the interests and abilities of their students.
• Breadth of study within a range of titles designed to enable students to develop and demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and skills.
• Discipline‐specific guidance, which provides supportive amplification of the specialist processes related to each title within the context of the criteria.
- Our specification includes only one coursework component and the Externally Set Assignment paper offers an open choice of appealing themes, visual assignments or written briefs which are suitable for any art, craft or design discipline.
- We provide teachers with an extensive portfolio of marked exemplar work and a wealth of resources which are all freely available on the website.
- We offer Critical and Contextual Studies as a title option.
- Access to our Art and Design Teacher Network on Facebook
- Access Lightbox: an online supportive tool and a comprehensive Guidance for Teaching resource, with helpful advice on teaching approaches, assessment administration, advocacy materials and FAQs
Lightbox – online resources for teachers and students
Lightbox is an online resource for art, craft and design teachers and students designed to support the objectives of Eduqas art and design qualifications.
You can also unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials on our resources website here.