AS/A Level Business
Teaching: Sep 2015
Eduqas A Level Business introduces learners to the dynamic business environment and the importance of entrepreneurial activity in creating business opportunities and sustaining business growth.
Learners will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of essential skills required for higher education and employment. The A Level Business course encourages learners to:
- Develop an enthusiasm for studying business.
- Gain an holistic understanding of business in a range of contexts.
- Develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants.
- Understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives.
- Generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues.
- Be aware of the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals.
- Acquire a range of relevant business and generic skills, including decision‐making, problem‐solving, the challenging of assumptions and critical analysis.
- Apply numerical skills in a range of business contexts.
Find a range of resources for AS and A Level Business here on the Eduqas website. As well as the AS and A Level Business Specification, we supply a range of digital teaching resources that are free to download, and can be accessed at the top of this page. Revision tools such as A and AS Level Business past papers are also accessible above.
- Clear and succinct content design and assessment strategy
- Comprehensive suite of free digital resources to support teaching
- Encourages students to relate business content to the real world
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
A level Business Book: Year 2 - Strategy, analysis and the changing world
AS Business Book: Year 1 - Opportunities and Functions
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Our Assessment Resources are sets of questions based on specific themes, topics or skills within the qualification. They are optional resources (their use is not mandatory) which have been created to assist teachers in assessing learners in summer 2021. We recommend that you use the Mapping Grid provided initially to help you find appropriate Assessment Resources. Our Mapping Grid has been designed for you to view, at a glance, the content and assessment objectives covered in each Assessment Resource, and then download the relevant Assessment Resource.
- S21-A510QS-Mapping Grid-1.xlsx
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 12.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 13.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 14.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 15.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 16.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 17.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 18.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 19.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 20.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 21.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 22.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 23.pdf
- S21-A510QS-AssessmentResource 24.pdf
- S21-B510QS-Mapping Grid-1.xlsx
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-B510QS-AssessmentResource 12.pdf
Training and Guidance for Summer 2021
WJEC Eduqas has produced Professional Learning training and guidance packs to support the application of marking schemes and grading. These view on-demand materials offer expert instruction from senior Eduqas examiners and include marking exemplar and grading exemplar. These materials aim to:
- develop your understanding in applying the marking schemes
- improve your confidence in awarding marks accurately
- exemplify the characteristics of learner responses at differing levels of achievement
- provide guidance on how to grade learner evidence.
These materials are suitable for all teachers who need guidance in marking and grading this qualification, and Heads of Department who wish to internally moderate their team's marking.
These materials are now available for you to access as many times as you wish from our secure website here.
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
There are no live events currently scheduled for this qualification.
Our annual programme is published and open for bookings during the summer term. Sign up for the latest updates here.
Materials from previous courses can be found on the Secure website and/or under the Materials tab.
Have a question about AS/A Level Business?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are experienced teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.