AS and A Level Design and Technology
More and more teachers are choosing Eduqas – find out why!
Interested in switching? Download our free Guide to switching for everything you need to know.
Choose Eduqas and you’ll benefit from:
- We provide detailed guidance for teaching resources, to support teachers in the delivery of our GCE Design and Technology specifications.
- We offer face to face Professional Learning sessions delivered by teams of subject
- A wide range of free digital resources to support delivery of the examination.
- Access to support from subject specialists.
Need further information?
You can also find out more about our package of support including free teaching and learning resources, direct access to subject-specialists, expert-led CPD, and regional support team on our 'Switch to Us’ pages.
Design and technology is an inspiring, rigorous and practical subject. The Eduqas Design and Technology A Level encourages learners to use creativity and imagination when applying iterative design processes to develop and modify designs, and to design and make prototypes that solve real world problems, considering their own and others’ needs, wants, aspirations and values.
The A Level Design and Technology specification is designed to develop learners’ subject knowledge, including how a product can be developed through the stages of prototyping, realisation and commercial manufacture.
Assessment consists of both a designed and made project, and an examination in either fashion and textiles or product design.
We provide a range of digital resources for both learners and educators, including A Level Design and Technology past papers, digital teaching resources and training events. You can access these, along with the A Level Design and Technology specification, using the menu above.
- 2 areas of study: Fashion and Textiles and Product Design
- Well thought through, logical specification
- Good progression and flow to higher education
- Maximum marks available for designing and making
- 50% NEA; criteria are straightforward and easy to apply
- Direct access to subject specialists
- Unlimited access to free resources
- Face-to-face professional learning training courses
- Support from our regional representatives