AS/A Level Electronics
Teaching: Sep 2017
The AS and A Level Electronics course from Eduqas builds up learners’ knowledge, both in terms of electronics and mathematics. The course is designed to teach learners essential scientific knowledge and to develop their confidence and competence in a variety of practical and problem‐solving skills.
The scope of the A Level Electronics course is quite broad, enabling the development of skills in a range of theoretical, practical, industrial and environmental contexts.
Fundamental to the study of electronics are the core concepts, which are directly assessed in components 1 and 2, and are essential for the successful completion of component 3:
- System synthesis
- DC electrical circuits
- Input and output sub‐systems
- Energy and power
We provide a range of digital resources for both learners and educators, including A Level Electronics past papers, digital teaching resources and exam walk‐throughs. To find out more about the Eduqas Electronics A Level, including a detailed overview of the course content, download the course specification above.
Why choose Eduqas?
Our AS/A level Electronics qualification provides learners with a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study.
It encourages learners to develop confidence in, and a positive attitude towards, electronics and to recognise its importance in their own lives and in today's technological society. The qualification ensures that learners have the electronic and mathematical knowledge and electronic engineering skills to solve problems. The course of study has a strong emphasis on practical work.
Why choose Eduqas?
- Only examination board offering GCSE, AS and A level qualifications in Electronics
- Maintained coursework as 20% of the assessment
- Strong emphasis on practical work
- New topics, including optical communication
- Direct access to subject specialists
- Unlimited access to free resources including: Electronics eBooks for both AS Level and A Level as well as Question Bank
- Face-to-face professional learning courses
- Support from our regional representatives
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Our Assessment Resources are sets of questions based on specific themes, topics or skills within the qualification. They are optional resources (their use is not mandatory) which have been created to assist teachers in assessing learners in summer 2021. We recommend that you use the Mapping Grid provided initially to help you find appropriate Assessment Resources. Our Mapping Grid has been designed for you to view, at a glance, the content and assessment objectives covered in each Assessment Resource, and then download the relevant Assessment Resource.
- S21-A490QS-Mapping grid-1.xlsx
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 12.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 13.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 14.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 15.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 16.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 17.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AssessmentResource 18.pdf
- S21-B490QS-Mapping grid-1.xlsx
- S21-B490QS-AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-A490QS-Grid mapio-1.xlsx
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 1.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 2.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 3.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 4.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 5.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 6.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 7.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 8.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 9.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 10.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 11.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 12.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 13.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 14.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 15.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 16.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 17.pdf
- S21-A490QS-AdnoddAsesu 18.pdf
- S21-B490QS-grid mapio-1.xlsx
- S21-B490QS-AdnoddAsesu 1.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AdnoddAsesu 2.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AdnoddAsesu 3.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AdnoddAsesu 4.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AdnoddAsesu 5.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AdnoddAsesu 6.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AdnoddAsesu 7.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AdnoddAsesu 8.pdf
- S21-B490QS-AdnoddAsesu 9.pdf
Training and Guidance for Summer 2021
WJEC Eduqas has produced Professional Learning training and guidance packs to support the application of marking schemes and grading. These view on-demand materials offer expert instruction from senior Eduqas examiners and include marking exemplar and grading exemplar. These materials aim to:
- develop your understanding in applying the marking schemes
- improve your confidence in awarding marks accurately
- exemplify the characteristics of learner responses at differing levels of achievement
- provide guidance on how to grade learner evidence.
These materials are suitable for all teachers who need guidance in marking and grading this qualification, and Heads of Department who wish to internally moderate their team's marking.
These materials are now available for you to access as many times as you wish from our secure website here.
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
There are no live events currently scheduled for this qualification.
Our annual programme is published and open for bookings during the summer term. Sign up for the latest updates here.
Materials from previous courses can be found on the Secure website and/or under the Materials tab.
AS/A Level Electronics - Briefing
To view the webinar you will need:
- An up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 (or later)
- Adobe Connect and an Adobe plug-in installed
- Use this link to download the software needed
(Please contact your IT Technician if you do not have the rights for your PC to install software)
Have a question about AS/A Level Electronics?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are experienced teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.