AS/A Level English Language and Literature
Teaching: Sep 2015
The Eduqas AS and A Level English Language and Literature course encourages learners to develop their interest and enjoyment of English by engaging creatively and critically with a wide range of texts.
It enables learners to develop intellectual maturity through exploring both literary and non‐literary texts, including the WJEC English Language and Literature Poetry Pre‐1914 Anthology. Skills that will be developed throughout the English Language and Literature A Level include:
- How to interrogate texts and be critically reflective.
- Considering other viewpoints.
- Making connections across a range of texts.
- Understanding and evaluating the effects of different contexts.
- Using linguistic and literary approaches in the reading and interpretation of texts.
We provide a range of A Level English Language and Literature revision tools, plus digital resources for both educators and learners. You can access AS and A Level English Language and Literature past papers, digital teaching tools and training materials. To learn more, view the menu above or download a copy of our English Language and Literature Resource Guide below.
|English Language and Literature Resource Guide - This booklet provides an overview of the support, guidance and resources available to those teaching the Eduqas GCE English Language and Literature specification across our suite of websites.|
Why choose Eduqas?
- A dynamic, integrated approach to linear assessment, sharing skills across the components.
- Exciting and inspiring set texts covering a range of social, historical and cultural contexts.
- Opportunities to develop candidates' independent reading and study.
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
Eduqas GCE English Language and Literature: preparing for the summer 2022 exam series (England centres)
Online - 03/03/2022 16:00
A Level English Language and Literature - An introduction to those new to teaching the qualification
TeachMeet - Reading Resilience: Introducing Strategies through Early Modern English - Student Resource
Teaching and Learning
Developing English Language
Webinar: Teaching the novel and unseen prose
Webinar: Teaching grammar
Webinar: Cognitive acceleration
To view the webinar you will need:
- An up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 (or later)
- Adobe Connect and an Adobe plug-in installed
- Use this link to download the software needed
Have a question about AS/A Level English Language and Literature?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are all former teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.