GCSE English Language
Teaching: Sep 2015
|English Language Resource Guide - This booklet provides an overview of the support, guidance and resources available to those teaching the Eduqas GCSE English Language specification across our suite of websites.|
- Co-teachability across GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature with supporting co-teachability resource.
- Our 'long tariff' questions are worth 10 marks, making time management more straightforward.
- Students are given a range of choices for creative prose writing.
- Our non-fiction writing tasks have realistic contexts that students can relate to.
- Marked exemplar available from our Online Exam Review website.
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
WJEC/CBAC ENDORSED TITLES
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language Student's Book||9781471831850||Paula Adair, Jane Sheldon, Jamie Rees|
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language: Student Book 1: Developing the skills for Component 1 and Component 2||978-0-19-833282-4||Michelle Doran, Natalie Simpson, Julie Swain, Barry Childs|
WJEC/CBAC NON-ENDORSED TITLES
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language Teacher's Book||9781471831874||Paula Adair, Jane Sheldon, Jamie Rees|
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language Teaching & Learning Resources||9781471833908||Paula Adair, Jane Sheldon, Jamie Rees|
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language Whiteboard eTextbook||9781471833496||Paula Adair, Jane Sheldon, Jamie Rees|
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language Student eTextbook||9781471833502||Paula Adair, Jane Sheldon, Jamie Rees|
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language and English Literature: Teacher Companion||978-0-19-833285-5||Michelle Doran, Natalie Simpson, Julie Swain,Barry Childs|
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language: Student Book 2: Assessment preparation for Component 1 and Component 2||978-0-19-833283-1||Michelle Doran, Natalie Simpson, Julie Swain|
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Our Assessment Resources are sets of questions based on specific themes, topics or skills within the qualification. They are optional resources (their use is not mandatory) which have been created to assist teachers in assessing learners in summer 2021. We recommend that you use the Mapping Grid provided initially to help you find appropriate Assessment Resources. Our Mapping Grid has been designed for you to view, at a glance, the content and assessment objectives covered in each Assessment Resource, and then download the relevant Assessment Resource.
- S21-C700QS-Mapping Grid-1.xlsx
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-C700QS-AssessmentResource 12.pdf
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
There are no events currently scheduled for this qualification.
Our annual programme is published and open for bookings during the summer term. Sign up for the latest updates here.
Materials from previous courses can be found on the Secure website and/or under the Materials tab.
TeachMeet - Reading Resilience: Introducing Strategies through Early Modern English - Student Resource
GCSE English Language - Component 3
Developing English Language
Webinar: Teaching the novel and unseen prose
Webinar: Teaching grammar
Webinar: Cognitive acceleration
To view the webinar you will need:
- An up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 (or later)
- Adobe Connect and an Adobe plug-in installed
- Use this link to download the software needed
(Please contact your IT Technician if you do not have the rights for your PC to install software)
Have a question about GCSE English Language?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are experienced teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.