GCSE English Language
More and more teachers are choosing Eduqas – find out why!
Interested in switching? Download our free Guide to switching for everything you need to know.
Choose Eduqas and you’ll benefit from:
- Co-teachability across English Language and English Literature
- Our ‘long tariff’ questions are worth 10 marks, making time management more straightforward.
- Our AO2 (‘how’?) questions do not isolate a single device or technique, such as structure,
allowing students to select the techniques they find most appropriate to how the writer has
- Students can apply the techniques they find in the reading sections to their own writing in the
- Students are given a range of choices for creative prose writing
- Our non-fiction writing tasks have realistic contexts that students can relate to
Need further information?
You can also find out more about our package of support including free teaching and learning resources, direct access to subject-specialists, expert-led CPD, and regional support team on our 'Switch to Us’ pages.
The Eduqas English Language GCSE provides the opportunity for flexible teaching
approaches, with a specification designed to be highly accessible, broad and interesting.
With a wide range of set texts, learners develop their ability to read critically, write
effectively and coherently, use grammar correctly and expand their vocabulary.
Assessment for GCSE English Language consists of two written examinations, within which spelling, punctuation and grammar make up 20%. Speaking skills are also assessed, but do not contribute to the overall grade.
We offer a wide range of English Language revision tools and digital resources for both learners and teachers, including GCSE English Language past papers, knowledge organisers, exam walk throughs and professional learning events. To learn more, view the menu above or download a copy of our English Language Resource Guide below.
|English Language Resource Guide - This booklet provides an overview of the support, guidance and resources available to those teaching the Eduqas GCSE English Language specification.|
- Co-teachability across GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature with supporting co-teachability resource.
- Our 'long tariff' questions are worth 10 marks, making time management more straightforward.
- Students are given a range of choices for creative prose writing.
- Our non-fiction writing tasks have realistic contexts that students can relate to.
- Marked exemplar available from our Online Exam Review website.
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
WJEC/CBAC ENDORSED TITLES
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language Student's Book||9781471831850||Paula Adair, Jane Sheldon, Jamie Rees|
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language: Student Book 1: Developing the skills for Component 1 and Component 2||978-0-19-833282-4||Michelle Doran, Natalie Simpson, Julie Swain, Barry Childs|
WJEC/CBAC NON-ENDORSED TITLES
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language Teacher's Book||9781471831874||Paula Adair, Jane Sheldon, Jamie Rees|
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language and English Literature: Teacher Companion||978-0-19-833285-5||Michelle Doran, Natalie Simpson, Julie Swain,Barry Childs|
|WJEC Eduqas GCSE English Language: Student Book 2: Assessment preparation for Component 1 and Component 2||978-0-19-833283-1||Michelle Doran, Natalie Simpson, Julie Swain|
|Eduqas GCSE (9-1) English Language Workbook||9781510419940||Jamie Rees|
|978-0-19-835921-0||Michelle Doran, Natalie Simpson, Julie Swain, and Barry Childs|
|978-1382032445||Natalie Simpson, Julie Swain|
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.