Teaching: Sep 2015
The Eduqas GCSE in Mathematics provides a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study. It encourages learners to develop confidence in, and a positive attitude towards, mathematics and to recognise the importance of mathematics in their own lives and to society. It also provides a strong mathematical foundation for learners who go on to study mathematics at a higher level post-16. This specification enables learners to:
- develop fluent knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts
- acquire, select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems
- reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions
- comprehend, interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context.
The Eduqas GCSE in Maths places problem solving at the heart of mathematics learning, which helps learners tackle everyday mathematical problems whilst studying and after obtaining the qualification. It encourages the teaching of links between different areas of the curriculum by targeting questions that cover the content from different subject areas within mathematics.
This GCSE maths course is intended to promote a variety of styles of teaching and learning so that the courses are enjoyable for all participants. It will enable learners to progress to higher-level courses of mathematical studies. Following this linear course, learners could benefit from having a greater understanding of the links between subject areas, in particular graphical and algebraic representation, which are prevalent throughout A level mathematics.
GCSE Maths Past Papers
Our GCSE maths past papers help you prepare for your exams by providing you downloadable past exam papers whenever you need them. We have papers from 2017, 2018 & 2018. These include higher and a foundation mathematics past papers. You will also find the accompanying mark scheme for these past papers.
These past papers give you time limits and guidance notes that help you prepare for a real exam.
- Only two examination papers for ease of delivery and administration
- Access to our digital resources website which hosts a wealth of free material.
- Commended by Ofqual for our approach to problem solving.
These free digital resources support the teaching and learning of subjects offered by WJEC. Teachers will need to determine how they utilise the resources in the classroom to ensure their greatest effect.
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
Eduqas GCSE Mathematics: Review of the Autumn 2021 Assessment (England centres)
Online - 15/03/2022 16:00
GCSE Mathematics - Assessment Classroom Feedback 2019
To view the webinar you will need:
- An up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 (or later)
- Adobe Connect and an Adobe plug-in installed
- Use this link to download the software needed
(Please contact your IT Technician if you do not have the rights for your PC to install software)
Have a question about GCSE Mathematics?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are all former teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.