Teaching: Sep 2015
The Eduqas GCSE in Mathematics provides a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study. It encourages learners to develop confidence in, and a positive attitude towards, mathematics and to recognise the importance of mathematics in their own lives and to society. It also provides a strong mathematical foundation for learners who go on to study mathematics at a higher level post-16. This specification enables learners to:
- develop fluent knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts
- acquire, select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems
- reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions
- comprehend, interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context.
The Eduqas GCSE in Maths places problem solving at the heart of mathematics learning, which helps learners tackle everyday mathematical problems whilst studying and after obtaining the qualification. It encourages the teaching of links between different areas of the curriculum by targeting questions that cover the content from different subject areas within mathematics.
This GCSE maths course is intended to promote a variety of styles of teaching and learning so that the courses are enjoyable for all participants. It will enable learners to progress to higher-level courses of mathematical studies. Following this linear course, learners could benefit from having a greater understanding of the links between subject areas, in particular graphical and algebraic representation, which are prevalent throughout A level mathematics.
GCSE Maths Past Papers
Our GCSE maths past papers help you prepare for your exams by providing you downloadable past exam papers whenever you need them. We have papers from 2017, 2018 & 2018. These include higher and a foundation mathematics past papers. You will also find the accompanying mark scheme for these past papers.
These past papers give you time limits and guidance notes that help you prepare for a real exam.
- Only two examination papers for ease of delivery and administration
- Access to our digital resources website which hosts a wealth of free material.
- Commended by Ofqual for our approach to problem solving.
These free digital resources support the teaching and learning of subjects offered by WJEC. Teachers will need to determine how they utilise the resources in the classroom to ensure their greatest effect.
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Our Assessment Resources are sets of questions based on specific themes, topics or skills within the qualification. They are optional resources (their use is not mandatory) which have been created to assist teachers in assessing learners in summer 2021. We recommend that you use the Mapping Grid provided initially to help you find appropriate Assessment Resources. Our Mapping Grid has been designed for you to view, at a glance, the content and assessment objectives covered in each Assessment Resource, and then download the relevant Assessment Resource.
- S21-C300QS-Mapping Grid-1.xlsx
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 1.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 2.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 3.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 4.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 5.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 6.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 7.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 8.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 9.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 10.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 11.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 12.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 13.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 14.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 15.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 16.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 17.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 18.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 19.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 20.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 21.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 22.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 23.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 24.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 25.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 26.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 27.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 28.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 29.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 30.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 31.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 32.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 33.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 34.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 35.pdf
- S21-C300QS-ASSESSMENT RESOURCE 36.pdf
Training and Guidance for Summer 2021
WJEC Eduqas has produced Professional Learning training and guidance packs to support the application of marking schemes and grading. These view on-demand materials offer expert instruction from senior Eduqas examiners and include marking exemplar and grading exemplar. These materials aim to:
- develop your understanding in applying the marking schemes
- improve your confidence in awarding marks accurately
- exemplify the characteristics of learner responses at differing levels of achievement
- provide guidance on how to grade learner evidence.
These materials are suitable for all teachers who need guidance in marking and grading this qualification, and Heads of Department who wish to internally moderate their team's marking.
These materials are now available for you to access as many times as you wish from our secure website here.
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
There are no live events currently scheduled for this qualification.
Our annual programme is published and open for bookings during the summer term. Sign up for the latest updates here.
Materials from previous courses can be found on the Secure website and/or under the Materials tab.
GCSE Mathematics - Assessment Classroom Feedback 2019
To view the webinar you will need:
- An up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 (or later)
- Adobe Connect and an Adobe plug-in installed
- Use this link to download the software needed
(Please contact your IT Technician if you do not have the rights for your PC to install software)
Have a question about GCSE Mathematics?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are all former teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.