GCSE (9-1) Music
Interested in switching to Eduqas? Find out why Eduqas could be the right board for you.
Latest news for GCSE Music
Connect with teachers via our online networking map
The aim is to create an interactive map to support centres wishing to share experiences and ideas online and face-to-face. Sign up here
Guidance on e-submissions
Latest Digital Resource
Component 3 Appraising – Area of Study 4: Popular Music Student work sheets and teacher sheets to support the appraising of popular music.
Training Courses for Teachers
Our 2018 / 19 CPD programme is now live.
Book your place on one of our teacher training to learn more about the specification and sample assessment materials including assessment objectives, examination structure and other key areas.
Courses are available all over the UK as well as online.Book now
Here is a list of materials endorsed by WJEC to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Here is a list of non-endorsed materials which you may also find beneficial.
- Guidance for teaching
- Online Exam Review
- Class Performance Packs
- Listening Skills
- GCSE Appraising (Legacy specification areas of study)
- Practice questions
- Renaissance Recordings resources
- GCSE (9-1) Music Webinar Recording June 2016
- Ofqual Grade Descriptors for GCSE 9-1 Music
- Component 3 Appraising (Area of study 1)
- Component 3 Appraising (Area of study 2)
- Component 3 Appraising (Area of study 3)
- Component 3 Appraising (Area of study 4)
- [Webinar] Introduction to the new specification
- Composing in the 21st Century
- GCSE Music: Unit 1 Performing
- GCSE Eduqas Set Extract Analysis: Mozart and Rainbow [non-endorsed]
- TES - Helen Blythe Shop [non-endorsed]
- GCSE Music Keyword Activities [non-endorsed]
- Set Work: Handbags and Gladrags Listening Resource
- Set Work: Rondeau, Purcell Listening Resource
- Music Flowchart
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
JCQ Call for Evidence - Share your views
In July 2018, JCQ launched an Independent Commission into Malpractice, led by Sir John Dunford. Sir John ...
Top 5 reasons why you should get to know your Regional Representative this term
Catherine Oldham, Eduqas Regional Representative, explains why you should book a free visit to your school ...
Switching to us in 3 easy steps
As a teacher delivering Ofqual reformed GCSE (9-1), AS and A level qualifications, have you considered ...