AS/A Level Physical Education
Teaching: Sep 2016
The Eduqas AS & A level in Physical Education equips learners with a depth and breadth of knowledge, understanding and skills relating to scientific, socio-cultural and practical aspects of physical education.
Learners are required to:
- Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance
- Understand how physiological and psychological states affect performance
- Understand the key socio-cultural factors that influence people’s involvement in physical activity and sport
- Understand the role of technology in physical activity and sport
- Refine their ability to perform effectively in physical activity and sport by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas
- Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance
- Understand the contribution which physical activity makes to health and fitness
- Improve as effective and independent learners and as critical and reflective thinkers with curious and enquiring minds.
This specification has been designed to allow learners to develop an appreciation of
physical education in a wide range of contexts. The specification is designed to integrate theory and practice with an emphasis on the application of theoretical knowledge. Learners will develop an understanding of how the various theoretical concepts impact on their own performance, through the integration of theory and practice.
The Eduqas AS & A level Physical Education specifications provide clear guidance on performance skills to be assessed.
Any requirements set for entry to a course following this specification are at the discretion of centres. It is reasonable to assume that many learners will have achieved qualifications equivalent to Level 2 at KS4. Skills in Numeracy/Mathematics, Literacy/English and Information Communication Technology will provide a good basis for progression to this Level 3 qualification.
This course builds on the knowledge, understanding and skills established studying GCSE physical education.
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
Eduqas GCSE PE Teachmeet - FREE EVENT (England centres only)
Online - 28/06/2022 16:30
Eduqas GCE PE Teachmeet - FREE EVENT (England centres only)
Online - 05/07/2022 16:30
Have a question about AS/A Level Physical Education?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are all former teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.