GCSE Physical Education
Teaching: Sep 2016
The Eduqas GCSE Physical Education specification is broad, coherent and practical, designed to encourage learners to be inspired, motivated and challenged by the subject and enable them to make informed decisions about further learning opportunities and career pathways.
Through studying GCSE Physical Education learners will acquire the knowledge, understanding, skills and values to develop and maintain their performance in physical activities and understand the benefits to health, fitness and well-being.
Learners will develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance.
Learners will perform in different physical activities. They will develop skills and techniques, select and use tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas. Learners will develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance in physical activity and sport.
The Eduqas GCSE in Physical Education requires learners to:
- Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance
- Understand how the physiological and psychological state affects performance in physical activity and sport
- Perform effectively in different physical activities by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas
- Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance in physical activity and sport
- Understand the contribution which physical activity and sport make to health, fitness and well-being
- Understand key socio-cultural influences which can affect people’s involvement in physical activity and sport.
This GCSE P.E course has been designed to allow learners to develop an appreciation of physical education in a wide range of contexts. The specification uses stimuli/sources as part of the assessment. The use of stimuli/sources is designed to integrate theory and practice.
The Eduqas GCSE Physical Education specification provides clear guidance on the performance skills to be assessed.
There are no previous learning requirements for this course. Any requirements set for entry to a course based on this specification are at the school/college’s discretion. This specification builds on subject content which is typically taught at key stage 3 and provides a suitable foundation for the study of A level physical education.
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
|My Revision Notes: WJEC and Eduqas GCSE PE||9781510429406|
|WJEC/Eduqas GCSE PE Study & Revision Guide||9781911208570|
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
More events coming soon. Make sure you sign up for updates to know when dates are released.
Eduqas GCE-GCSE Physical Education Teachmeet - FREE EVENT
Online - 28/06/2022 16:30
Have a question about GCSE Physical Education ?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are all former teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.