AS/A Level Physics
The Eduqas A level in Physics provides a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study. It encourages learners to develop confidence in, and a positive attitude towards, physics and to recognise its importance in their own lives and to society.
Studying this A level in Physics with Eduqas encourages learners to:
- Develop essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of the subject and how they relate to each other
- Develop and demonstrate a deep appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of scientific methods
- Develop competence and confidence in a variety of practical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Develop their interest in and enthusiasm for the subject, including developing an interest in further study and careers associated with the subject
- Understand how society makes decisions about scientific issues and how the sciences contribute to the success of the economy and society.
This specification is intended to promote a variety of styles of teaching and learning so that the course is enjoyable for all participants. Learners will be introduced to a wide range of physics principles which will allow them to enjoy a positive learning experience whilst gaining an understanding of how nature operates at both microscopic and macroscopic scales. The optional topics have been developed to allow learners to gain an insight into topics in the world of work which use physics on a daily basis.
Practical work is an intrinsic part of physics and is highly valued by higher education. It is imperative that practical skills are developed throughout this course and that an investigatory approach is promoted.
This specification builds on the skills, knowledge and understanding set out in the GCSE criteria/content for science. Some learners will have already gained knowledge, understanding, and skills through their study of GCSE physics.
These free digital resources support the teaching and learning of subjects offered by WJEC. Teachers will need to determine how they utilise the resources in the classroom to ensure their greatest effect.
WJEC/EDUQAS ENDORSED TITLES
|Eduqas Physics for A Level Year 1 & AS: Student Book||978-1-908682-70-3|
|Eduqas Physics for A Level Year 2: Student Book||978-1-908682-71-0|
|Eduqas Physics for A Level Year 1 & AS: Study and Revision Guide||978-1-908682-72-7|
|Eduqas Physics for A Level Year 2: Study and Revision Guide||978-1-908682-73-4|
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.