AS/A Level Psychology
Teaching: Sep 2015
This Eduqas A level specification in Psychology is stimulating, distinctive and attractive, providing exciting opportunities for the learners to:
- Study a variety of historical and current psychological approaches
- Study classic and contemporary psychological research covering a variety of perspectives and topics
- Study principles of investigating human and animal behaviour
- Apply psychological information to everyday situations
- Explore contemporary issues raised in psychological research
- Work scientifically through their own psychological research
- Demonstrate greater emphasis on the skills of psychology.
This specification encourages learners to:
- Develop essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of psychology and how they relate to each other
- Develop and demonstrate a deep appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of scientific methods in psychology
- Develop competence and confidence in a variety of practical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Develop their interest in and enthusiasm for psychology, including developing an interest in further study and careers associated with the subject
- Understand how society makes decisions about psychological issues and how psychology contributes to the success of the economy and society.
There are no prior learning requirements. Any requirements set for entry to a course following this specification are at the discretion of centres. It is reasonable to assume that many learners will have achieved qualifications equivalent to Level 2 at KS4. Skills in Science, Numeracy/Mathematics, Literacy/English and Information Communication Technology will provide a sound basis for progression to this qualification.
Why choose Eduqas?
- Focus on skills development – our specification has been designed to help students to develop both core and essential transferable skills.
Discover a transparent examining process – our mark schemes are clearly structured, making it easier for students to understand what is required of them.
- Share new ideas and resources through our thriving Facebook Psychology teacher support network.
These free digital resources support the teaching and learning of subjects offered by WJEC. Teachers will need to determine how they utilise the resources in the classroom to ensure their greatest effect.
A Level Psychology - Skills Builder - This book has been written specifically for the WJEC and Eduqas AS and A Level Psychology courses. This resource is suitable for students of all abilities and covers the skills students will need to develop as they progress through the course. If you wish to purchase a copy of this book please complete and return this order form.
WJEC/EDUQAS ENDORSED TITLES
|The Complete Companions for Eduqas: Year 1 and AS Psychology Student Book||978-0-19-835610-3|
|The Complete Companions: Eduqas Year 2 Psychology Student Book||978-0-19-835611-0|
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Our Assessment Resources are sets of questions based on specific themes, topics or skills within the qualification. They are optional resources (their use is not mandatory) which have been created to assist teachers in assessing learners in summer 2021. We recommend that you use the Mapping Grid provided initially to help you find appropriate Assessment Resources. Our Mapping Grid has been designed for you to view, at a glance, the content and assessment objectives covered in each Assessment Resource, and then download the relevant Assessment Resource.
- S21-A290QS-Mapping Grid-1.xlsx
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 12.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 13.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 14.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 15.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 16.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 17.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 18.pdf
- S21-A290QS-AssessmentResource 19.pdf
- S21-B290QS-Mapping Grid-1.xlsx
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-B290QS-AssessmentResource 12.pdf
Training and Guidance for Summer 2021
WJEC Eduqas has produced Professional Learning training and guidance packs to support the application of marking schemes and grading. These view on-demand materials offer expert instruction from senior Eduqas examiners and include marking exemplar and grading exemplar. These materials aim to:
- develop your understanding in applying the marking schemes
- improve your confidence in awarding marks accurately
- exemplify the characteristics of learner responses at differing levels of achievement
- provide guidance on how to grade learner evidence.
These materials are suitable for all teachers who need guidance in marking and grading this qualification, and Heads of Department who wish to internally moderate their team's marking.
These materials are now available for you to access as many times as you wish from our secure website here.
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
There are no live events currently scheduled for this qualification.
Our annual programme is published and open for bookings during the summer term. Sign up for the latest updates here.
Materials from previous courses can be found on the Secure website and/or under the Materials tab.
Have a question about AS/A Level Psychology?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are all former teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.