AS/A Level Psychology
More and more teachers are choosing Eduqas – find out why!
Our A level specification requires students to undertake two personal investigations as part of the course. They are then examined on aspects of this research in Component 2. We believe that this is key to developing the understanding of research methods in a practical context:
- Students develop and practice skills that are valuable across all subjects, skills such as collaboration, numeracy, problem solving.
- Carrying out the investigations also helps students to consolidate their knowledge and understanding of complex research methods concepts, helping them across all areas of the specification.
- This level of understanding of the process can only really be attained by designing and carrying out their own research.
- By working as a class, in groups or in pairs, students have the opportunity to develop social and communication skills, and, as they collect and analyse data, they develop numeracy skills - the independent and practical skills they will need in HE.
- We are on hand to offer advice on how to undertake each investigation.
- We have a clear structure to our specification, helping students to be more organised and logical when preparing for exams.
- We provide teachers with a generic mark scheme framework for each assessment objective that many use as a front cover for homework assignments.
- Mark schemes are also clearly structured and share common themes across papers, making it more straightforward for students to understand what is required of them.
- Access to our private Facebook group monitored by the Eduqas Subject Officer with over 500 members.
Interested in switching? Download our free Guide to switching for everything you need to know.
Need further information?
You can also find out more about our package of support including free teaching and learning resources, direct access to subject-specialists, expert-led CPD, and regional support team on our 'Switch to Us’ pages.
This Eduqas A level specification in Psychology is stimulating, distinctive and attractive, providing exciting opportunities for the learners to:
- Study a variety of historical and current psychological approaches
- Study classic and contemporary psychological research covering a variety of perspectives and topics
- Study principles of investigating human and animal behaviour
- Apply psychological information to everyday situations
- Explore contemporary issues raised in psychological research
- Work scientifically through their own psychological research
- Demonstrate greater emphasis on the skills of psychology.
This specification encourages learners to:
- Develop essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of psychology and how they relate to each other
- Develop and demonstrate a deep appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of scientific methods in psychology
- Develop competence and confidence in a variety of practical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Develop their interest in and enthusiasm for psychology, including developing an interest in further study and careers associated with the subject
- Understand how society makes decisions about psychological issues and how psychology contributes to the success of the economy and society.
There are no prior learning requirements. Any requirements set for entry to a course following this specification are at the discretion of centres. It is reasonable to assume that many learners will have achieved qualifications equivalent to Level 2 at KS4. Skills in Science, Numeracy/Mathematics, Literacy/English and Information Communication Technology will provide a sound basis for progression to this qualification.
Why choose Eduqas?
- Focus on skills development – our specification has been designed to help students to develop both core and essential transferable skills.
Discover a transparent examining process – our mark schemes are clearly structured, making it easier for students to understand what is required of them.
- Share new ideas and resources through our thriving Facebook Psychology teacher support network.
These free digital resources support the teaching and learning of subjects offered by WJEC. Teachers will need to determine how they utilise the resources in the classroom to ensure their greatest effect.
A Level Psychology - Workbook - To order copies of our new A Level Psychology Workbook, please fill out this form and return it to us.
Alternatively you can order directly from Amazon here>
A Level Psychology - Skills Builder - This book has been written specifically for the WJEC and Eduqas AS and A Level Psychology courses. This resource is suitable for students of all abilities and covers the skills students will need to develop as they progress through the course. If you wish to purchase a copy of this book please complete and return this order form.
Alternatively you can order directly from Amazon here>
WJEC/EDUQAS ENDORSED TITLES
|Eduqas A Level Psychology Workbook||978-1860857317|
|A Level Psychology - Skills Builder||978-1860857072|
|The Complete Companions for Eduqas: Year 1 and AS Psychology Student Book||978-0-19-835610-3|
|The Complete Companions: Eduqas Year 2 Psychology Student Book||978-0-19-835611-0|
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.