Teaching: Sep 2016
The Listening Paper Recording Audio files can be found under ‘Resources / Key documents / Listening Paper Recordings’.
The Eduqas GCSE in Spanish is based on a conviction that learners studying a modern foreign language will develop their desire and ability to communicate with and understand speakers of the assessed language in a variety of contexts and for a variety of purposes. The specification supports the aim that the study of a modern foreign language will broaden horizons, develop cultural knowledge and understanding and foster transferable skills such as confidence, communication, problem solving and creativity. The specification also aims to provide learners with a solid foundation on which to prepare them for future language study. This GCSE in Spanish will enable learners to:
- develop their ability to communicate confidently and coherently with native
speakers in speech and writing, conveying what they want to say with increasing accuracy
- express and develop thoughts and ideas spontaneously and fluently
- listen to and understand clearly articulated, standard speech at near normal speed
- deepen their knowledge about how language works and enrich their vocabulary for them to increase their independent use and understanding of extended language in a wide range of contexts
- acquire new knowledge, skills, and ways of thinking through the ability to
understand and respond to a rich range of authentic spoken and written material, adapted and abridged, as appropriate, including literary texts
- develop awareness and understanding of the culture and identity of the countries and communities where the language is spoken
- be encouraged to make appropriate links to other areas of the curriculum to enable bilingual and deeper learning, where the language may become a medium for constructing and applying knowledge
- develop language learning skills both for immediate use and to prepare them for further language study and use in school, higher education or in employment
- develop language strategies, including repair strategies
These free digital resources support the teaching and learning of subjects offered by WJEC. Teachers will need to determine how they utilise the resources in the classroom to ensure their greatest effect.
WJEC/EDUQAS ENDORSED TITLES
|Eduqas GCSE Spanish||9781785830907|
|Eduqas GCSE Spanish Teacher Guide||9781785830969|
WJEC/EDUQAS NON-ENDORSED TITLES
|Eduqas GCSE Spanish Audio Pack - Site Licence||9781785831645|
|Eduqas GCSE Revision Guide Spanish||9781785832727|
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Our Assessment Resources are sets of questions based on specific themes, topics or skills within the qualification. They are optional resources (their use is not mandatory) which have been created to assist teachers in assessing learners in summer 2021. We recommend that you use the Mapping Grid provided initially to help you find appropriate Assessment Resources. Our Mapping Grid has been designed for you to view, at a glance, the content and assessment objectives covered in each Assessment Resource, and then download the relevant Assessment Resource.
- S21-C810QS-Mapping Grid-1.xlsx
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-C810PF AssessmentResource 12.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 12.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 13.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 14.pdf
- S21-C810PH AssessmentResource 15.pdf
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
There are no events currently scheduled for this qualification.
Our annual programme is published and open for bookings during the summer term. Sign up for the latest updates here.
Materials from previous courses can be found on the Secure website and/or under the Materials tab.
Please visit our secure website to view training materials for this subject.
How to mark like an examiner
You can access the supporting documents here.
Have a question about GCSE Spanish?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are experienced teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.