Teaching: Sep 2017
The Eduqas GCSE Electronics qualification provides learners with a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study.
By developing core skills and providing ample opportunities for practical work, the GCSE Electronics specification encourages learners to develop confidence in, and a positive attitude towards, electronics.
Throughout, the focus is to build up all the knowledge, understanding and skills required to ensure progression from Key Stage 3 national curriculum science and mathematics requirements and progression to AS and A level.
Assessment for the Electronics GCSE consists of two written examinations and a practical assessment.
We provide a range of digital resources for both educators and learners, including GCSE Electronics past papers, digital teaching resources, and resources to aid GCSE Electronics revision, such as our exam walk throughs.
To learn more about the Eduqas Electronics GCSE, download the course specification from the menu above.
Why choose Eduqas?
- Only examination board offering GCSE, AS and A level qualifications in Electronics
- Maintained coursework as 20% of the assessment
- Direct access to subject specialists
- Unlimited access to free resources including Electronics eBooks for both AS and A Level and a Question Bank
- Face-to-face professional learning courses
- Support from our regional representatives
These free digital resources support the teaching and learning of subjects offered by WJEC. Teachers will need to determine how they utilise the resources in the classroom to ensure their greatest effect.
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Our Assessment Resources are sets of questions based on specific themes, topics or skills within the qualification. They are optional resources (their use is not mandatory) which have been created to assist teachers in assessing learners in summer 2021. We recommend that you use the Mapping Grid provided initially to help you find appropriate Assessment Resources. Our Mapping Grid has been designed for you to view, at a glance, the content and assessment objectives covered in each Assessment Resource, and then download the relevant Assessment Resource.
- S21-C490QS-Mapping grid-1.xlsx
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AssessmentResource 12.pdf
- S21-C490QS-Grid mapio-1.xlsx
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 1.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 2.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 3.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 4.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 5.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 6.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 7.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 8.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 9.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 10.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 11.pdf
- S21-C490QS-AdnoddAsesu 12.pdf
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
There are no events currently scheduled for this qualification.
Our annual programme is published and open for bookings during the summer term. Sign up for the latest updates here.
Materials from previous courses can be found on the Secure website and/or under the Materials tab.
GCSE Electronics - Briefing
To view the webinar you will need:
- An up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 (or later)
- Adobe Connect and an Adobe plug-in installed
- Use this link to download the software needed
(Please contact your IT Technician if you do not have the rights for your PC to install software)
Have a question about GCSE Electronics?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are experienced teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.