AS/A Level English Literature
Teaching: Sep 2015
No changes to assessment for this subject
In line with Ofqual's decisions regarding changes to assessment of GCSEs, AS and A levels in 2021, there are no changes to assessment arrangements for Eduqas AS/A Level English Literature.
November series update
- NEA will not be available in the November series and therefore assessment will only be via the externally set and marked examination, as per Ofqual’s consultation decision report.
- Please see deadline for entries. If no centre has made entries for the qualification by the entry deadline, the exams will be withdrawn and the qualification will no longer be available in the November series.
|English Literature Resource Guide - This booklet provides an overview of the support, guidance and resources available to those teaching the Eduqas GCE English Literature specification across our suite of websites.|
- A dynamic, integrated approach to linear assessment, sharing skills across the components.
- Opportunities to develop candidates' independent reading and study.
- Each component is clearly organised with different papers for poetry, for drama, for unseen texts and for prose.
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
Eduqas GCE English Literature: improving performance with unseen texts (Component 3)
Online - 03/03/2021 16:00
Eduqas GCE English Literature: Teaching and assessing drama - Component 2
Online - 23/02/2021 16:00
Eduqas GCE English Literature: Teaching and assessing poetry
Online - 03/02/2021 16:00
TeachMeet - Reading Resilience: Introducing Strategies through Early Modern English - Student Resource
AS/A Level English Literature - Teaching and Learning
Developing English Language
Webinar: Teaching the novel and unseen prose
Webinar: Teaching grammar
Webinar: Cognitive acceleration
To view the webinars you will need:
- An up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 (or later)
- Adobe Connect and an Adobe plug-in installed
- Use this link to download the software needed
(Please contact your IT Technician if you do not have the rights for your PC to install software)
Have a question about AS/A Level English Literature?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are experienced teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.