AS/A Level English Literature
Teaching: Sep 2015
|English Literature Resource Guide - This booklet provides an overview of the support, guidance and resources available to those teaching the Eduqas GCE English Literature specification across our suite of websites.|
- A dynamic, integrated approach to linear assessment, sharing skills across the components.
- Opportunities to develop candidates' independent reading and study.
- Each component is clearly organised with different papers for poetry, for drama, for unseen texts and for prose.
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.
Our Assessment Resources are sets of questions based on specific themes, topics or skills within the qualification. They are optional resources (their use is not mandatory) which have been created to assist teachers in assessing learners in summer 2021. We recommend that you use the Mapping Grid provided initially to help you find appropriate Assessment Resources. Our Mapping Grid has been designed for you to view, at a glance, the content and assessment objectives covered in each Assessment Resource, and then download the relevant Assessment Resource.
- S21-A720QS-Mapping Grid-1.xlsx
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 12.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 13.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 14.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 15.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 16.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 17.pdf
- S21-A720QS-AssessmentResource 18.pdf
- S21-B720QS-Mapping Grid-1.xlsx
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 1.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 2.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 3.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 4.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 5.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 6.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 7.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 8.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 9.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 10.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 11.pdf
- S21-B720QS-AssessmentResource 12.pdf
Training and Guidance for Summer 2021
WJEC Eduqas has produced Professional Learning training and guidance packs to support the application of marking schemes and grading. These view on-demand materials offer expert instruction from senior Eduqas examiners and include marking exemplar and grading exemplar. These materials aim to:
- develop your understanding in applying the marking schemes
- improve your confidence in awarding marks accurately
- exemplify the characteristics of learner responses at differing levels of achievement
- provide guidance on how to grade learner evidence.
These materials are suitable for all teachers who need guidance in marking and grading this qualification, and Heads of Department who wish to internally moderate their team's marking.
These materials are now available for you to access as many times as you wish from our secure website here.
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
There are no live events currently scheduled for this qualification.
Our annual programme is published and open for bookings during the summer term. Sign up for the latest updates here.
Materials from previous courses can be found on the Secure website and/or under the Materials tab.
TeachMeet - Reading Resilience: Introducing Strategies through Early Modern English - Student Resource
AS/A Level English Literature - Teaching and Learning
Developing English Language
Webinar: Teaching the novel and unseen prose
Webinar: Teaching grammar
Webinar: Cognitive acceleration
To view the webinars you will need:
- An up to date browser, such as Internet Explorer 8 (or later)
- Adobe Connect and an Adobe plug-in installed
- Use this link to download the software needed
(Please contact your IT Technician if you do not have the rights for your PC to install software)
Have a question about AS/A Level English Literature?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are experienced teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.