AS/A level Media Studies
Why choose WJEC Eduqas?
A choice of options for production
A choice of options for the set products/texts
Topics and products/texts chosen to appeal to students
Creative work which is central to the course
Unlimited access to free resources
Face-to-face CPD training courses
This subject uses e-submission for the submission of candidate work to EDUQAS for moderated or assessed units/components. For more information and guidance on the process please visit the e-submission webpage.
Why switch to Eduqas for A level Media Studies?
Compare and contrast our A level Specification with the other major examination boards and find out why Eduqas is the best choice for your student
Latest news for AS/A Media Studies
Late Night Women's Hour Set Product
Please note that although the BBC website indicates that the episode is 28 minutes long, clicking 'download' will download the 45 minute version of the podcast which is the set product.
Component 3 NEA Coversheets
Please note that in light of the new GDPR requirements the Component 3 NEA coversheets have been updated. Please use the updated coversheets which are available under 'all course materials'.
Revision to the Eduqas AS (B680QS) and A level Media Studies (A680QS) specifications
In response to feedback from teachers and Exams Officers, we have made a minor amendment to the assessment of Component 1, Section A. In the Component 1 examination, across Section A as a whole, there will always be one unseen audio-visual resource and one unseen print-based resource; Question 1 will relate to the audio-visual resource and Question 2 will relate to the print-based resource.
A revised version of the specifications, Version 2 August 2018, can be found on the Eduqas website. The changes are detailed on page 22 of the A level specification and page 20 of the AS level specification.
The Big Issue
The Big Issue has kindly made a digital copy of the set edition available free of charge. The issue is available from the secure website under Resources > Subject Specific Support Material > Eduqas A Level Media Studies Set Products.
Please see your exams officer if you do not have access to the secure website or if you cannot find the resource.
Connect with teachers via our online networking map
The aim is to create an interactive map to support centres wishing to share experiences and ideas online and face-to-face. Sign up here
Summer 2019 Non-Exam Assessment Tasks
The Non-Examination Tasks for A-Level Media Studies for assessment in 2019 are now available on the Secure Website under Resources > Non-Exam Assessment Tasks. If you cannot see these menu options you will need to ask your exams officer for additional permissions.
We have created a FAQs document to answer your subject queries
- A level Guidance for Teaching
- Eduqas AS/A Component 3 NEA Briefs
- AS/A Level Component 1 Section A Set Products
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section B Set Products
- AS/A Level Component 1 Set Products: Fact Sheets
- AS/A Level Component 1 Sections A & B: Newspapers
- AS/A Component 1, Section B: Media Industries
- A Level Component 2 Section A: The Bridge
- A Level Component 2 Section A: The Returned
- A Level Component 2 Section A: No Burqas Behind Bars
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section A: Humans
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section A: Life on Mars
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section A: The Jinx
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section B Magazines
- AS/A Level Component 2 Section C: Online Media
- A Level Sample Scheme of Work (Extract from Guidance for Teaching)
- A Level Course Planner (Extract from Guidance for Teaching)
- AS/A Level Glossary (Extract from Guidance for Teaching)
- BBC Sound Effects
- Component 2 Section C: Online Media
- AS/A Level Components 1 and 2: Teaching Media Contexts
- AS/A Level Components 1 and 2: Theories and Theorists
- Online Exam Review
- AS/A Level Media Studies FAQs
- AS level Guidance for Teaching
All Course Materials
We offer a range of materials to support the teaching and learning of this qualification.
Next generation of young filmmakers recognised at 5th Moving Image Awards
Talented young filmmakers have been recognised for their outstanding work at the fifth annual WJEC Eduqas ...
5th Moving Image Awards – celebrating young UK filmmakers
The fifth Moving Image Awards will be held on Friday 8th February at the BFI Southbank in London to ...
Moving Image Awards – Special Guest Announcement
As part of our the fifth annual Moving Image Awards we are thrilled to announce that our special guest is ...