GCSE Physical Education
More and more teachers are choosing Eduqas – find out why!
Interested in switching? Download our free Guide to switching for everything you need to know.
Choose Eduqas and you’ll benefit from:
- Direct contact with our subject specialists.
- Streamlined assessment – only two components.
- One examination. Less examination time than AQA and Pearson (Edexcel).
- Assessment encourages integrated teaching of content.
- Holistic assessment of practical work – no assessment of skills in isolation.
- Generic assessment criteria – easily applicable to all activities.
- No unnecessary bureaucracy for non-examination assessment.
Need further information?
You can also find out more about our package of support including free teaching and learning resources, direct access to subject-specialists, expert-led CPD, and regional support team on our 'Switch to Us’ pages.
The Eduqas GCSE Physical Education specification is broad, coherent and practical, designed to encourage learners to be inspired, motivated and challenged by the subject and enable them to make informed decisions about further learning opportunities and career pathways.
Through studying GCSE Physical Education learners will acquire the knowledge, understanding, skills and values to develop and maintain their performance in physical activities and understand the benefits to health, fitness and well-being.
Learners will develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance.
Learners will perform in different physical activities. They will develop skills and techniques, select and use tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas. Learners will develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance in physical activity and sport.
The Eduqas GCSE in Physical Education requires learners to:
- Develop theoretical knowledge and understanding of the factors that underpin physical activity and sport and use this knowledge to improve performance
- Understand how the physiological and psychological state affects performance in physical activity and sport
- Perform effectively in different physical activities by developing skills and techniques and selecting and using tactics, strategies and/or compositional ideas
- Develop their ability to analyse and evaluate to improve performance in physical activity and sport
- Understand the contribution which physical activity and sport make to health, fitness and well-being
- Understand key socio-cultural influences which can affect people’s involvement in physical activity and sport.
This GCSE P.E course has been designed to allow learners to develop an appreciation of physical education in a wide range of contexts. The specification uses stimuli/sources as part of the assessment. The use of stimuli/sources is designed to integrate theory and practice.
The Eduqas GCSE Physical Education specification provides clear guidance on the performance skills to be assessed.
There are no previous learning requirements for this course. Any requirements set for entry to a course based on this specification are at the school/college’s discretion. This specification builds on subject content which is typically taught at key stage 3 and provides a suitable foundation for the study of A level physical education.
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
|My Revision Notes: WJEC and Eduqas GCSE PE||9781510429406|
|WJEC/Eduqas GCSE PE Study & Revision Guide||9781911208570|
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.