If you have a question about your results, please talk to staff at your school or college – they will be able to offer you advice and guidance.
Post Results Services
Your school or college may request one of our ‘Post Results Services’. You must give your permission to your school and college before they apply for a post-results service on your behalf.
The following services are available:
- Access to scripts: we provide an electronic copy of your exam papers
- Review of marking: we review our marking to ensure your work was marked accurately in line with the mark scheme
- Clerical re-check: we re-check that all marks have been included and added up correctly.
If your school or college believes that we have made an error in assessing your work, they can request a review on your behalf. If you are a private candidate, you can apply directly to us.
Your grade could go up, go down, or stay the same following a clerical re-check or review of marking. Further information, including deadlines are available here.
Waiting for a university place?
We offer a priority review of marking service for students whose university place is at risk.
It is important you inform your school or college as soon as possible so they can promptly request a review – the deadline for submission is August 24.
If, following a review of marking, your school or college believes there is still an error, they can submit an appeal on your behalf.
Your school or college can provide you with further information and support. Private candidates can apply directly to us. It is important you understand the following points:
- Your school/college must request a ‘Post-Results Service’ and receive a response from us before requesting an appeal
- Your grade could go up, go down, or stay the same following an appeal
- You must give your permission to your school or college before they apply for an appeal on your behalf.
Outcomes of an appeal will be communicated to your school/college within the published times – you can find further information here.