AS/A Level Drama and Theatre
Our Eduqas A level in Drama and Theatre is an exciting and inspiring course which prepares learners for further study in Higher Education or any other pathway they might choose. This highly practical specification provides learners with a range of essential life skills which will help them succeed in any chosen career. They will have the opportunity to work as either performers and/or designers on three different performances.
Why study Drama?
The Eduqas A level in Drama and Theatre offers a practical and challenging course of study which encourages learners to:
- Develop and apply an informed, analytical framework for making, performing, interpreting and understanding drama and theatre
- Understand the place of relevant theoretical research in informing the processes and practices involved in creating theatre and the place of practical exploration in informing theoretical knowledge of drama and theatre
- Develop an understanding and appreciation of how the social, cultural and historical contexts of performance texts have influenced the development of drama and theatre
- Understand the practices used in twenty-first century theatre making
- Experience a range of opportunities to create theatre, both published textbased and devised work · participate as a theatre maker and as an audience member in live theatre
- Understand and experience the collaborative relationship between various roles within theatre
- Develop and demonstrate a range of theatre making skills
- Develop the creativity and independence to become effective theatre makers
- Adopt safe working practices as a theatre maker
- Analyse and evaluate their own work and the work of others.
The Eduqas A level in Drama and Theatre is an exciting and inspiring course which prepares learners for further study in Higher Education. This highly practical specification provides learners with the opportunity to work as either performers and/or designers on three different performances.
This specification builds on the knowledge, understanding and skills established at GCSE Drama.
- Direct access to our subject specialists
- Access to our digital resources website which hosts a wealth of free material
- The opportunity to receive centre visits from our Regional Support Team
This subject uses e-submission for the submission of candidate work to EDUQAS for moderated or assessed units/components. For more information and guidance on the process please visit the e-submission webpage.
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
Access a collection of interactive units that bring together a number of elements including general data, exam questions, their marking schemes and examiner comments, which will lead you through a review of exam questions.