Teaching: Sep 2016
- Learners are given the opportunity to develop their appreciation of drama as actors, designers and directors, developing a wide range of key skills throughout their study through carefully selected texts.
- Through the use of practical work, learners will be able to concentrate on areas of drama which best suit their ability and skills such as acting or design.
- Teachers have the opportunity to teach the artistic intentions of theatre practitioners and/or theatre companies which are best suited to their learners.
This subject uses e-submission for the submission of candidate work to EDUQAS for moderated or assessed units/components. For more information and guidance on the process please visit the e-submission webpage
Discover FREE Digital Resources!
Unlock your learners’ potential with an impressive range of FREE digital resources, teaching tools and materials.
WJEC/EDUQAS ENDORSED TITLES
|WJEC/Eduqas GCSE Drama (New spec from Sept 2016)||978-1-908682-88-8||Gary Nicholas|
WJEC/EDUQAS NON-ENDORSED TITLES
|WJEC/Eduqas GCSE Drama: Study & Revision Guide||978-1-912820-27-6||Rachel Knightley|
Online Exam Review – gain access to general data, exam questions, marking schemes and examiner comments.
Our Assessment Resources are sets of questions based on specific themes, topics or skills within the qualification. They are optional resources (their use is not mandatory) which have been created to assist teachers in assessing learners in summer 2021. We recommend that you use the Mapping Grid provided initially to help you find appropriate Assessment Resources. Our Mapping Grid has been designed for you to view, at a glance, the content and assessment objectives covered in each Assessment Resource, and then download the relevant Assessment Resource.
- S21-C690QS-Mapping Grid-1.xlsx
Training and Guidance for Summer 2021
WJEC Eduqas has produced Professional Learning training and guidance packs to support the application of marking schemes and grading. These view on-demand materials offer expert instruction from senior Eduqas examiners and include marking exemplar and grading exemplar. These materials aim to:
- develop your understanding in applying the marking schemes
- improve your confidence in awarding marks accurately
- exemplify the characteristics of learner responses at differing levels of achievement
- provide guidance on how to grade learner evidence.
These materials are suitable for all teachers who need guidance in marking and grading this qualification, and Heads of Department who wish to internally moderate their team's marking.
These materials are now available for you to access as many times as you wish from our secure website here.
Upcoming Professional Learning Events
There are no live events currently scheduled for this qualification.
Our annual programme is published and open for bookings during the summer term. Sign up for the latest updates here.
Materials from previous courses can be found on the Secure website and/or under the Materials tab.
Have a question about GCSE Drama ?
Our subject team is happy to help you with all your queries related to the teaching and learning of our specifications. Our Subject Officers are all former teachers and are here to support you with delivering our qualifications. Get in touch with us via e-mail or telephone.