We’ve been working with teachers and other subject experts to review and update our suite of Key Stage 4 Vocational Awards, taking account of feedback received from you and addressing changes to Government and regulatory policy at the same time.
In redeveloping our new suite, we’ve been careful to retain the elements of the qualifications that you’ve told us are important including:
- simple qualification structures, minimising the number of assessments students are required to complete
- clear and straightforward qualification specifications setting out what students need to know, understand and be able to do
- a minimum of 60% non-examination assessment, providing students with the opportunity to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and understanding through practical and engaging tasks
At the same time, we’ve made changes to support student achievement and progression including introducing mark-based non-examination assessments that are compensatory within and across units.
We’ve submitted the following qualifications to DfE and Ofqual for consideration for the 2024 performance tables*:
- Vocational Award in Construction and the Built Environment (Tech Award)
- Vocational Award in Engineering (Tech Award)
- Vocational Award in Events (Tech Award)
- Vocational Award in Health and Social Care (Tech Award)
- Vocational Award in Hospitality and Catering (Tech Award)
- Vocational Award in ICT (Tech Award)
- Vocational Award in Performing Arts (Tech Award)
- Vocational Award in Retail Business (Tech Award)
- Vocational Award in Sport and Coaching Principles (Tech Award)
We’re excited to share our developments with you and will be holding webinars in June 2021, following regulatory feedback, to introduce the revised suite. These webinars will be followed by subject specific events providing a more detailed look at each subject and the support available.
To receive updates about these redeveloped qualifications and future events, please subscribe to our subject updates.